Director / Editor: Victor Teboul, Ph.D.
Looking inside ourselves and out at the world
Independent and neutral with regard to all political and religious orientations,® aims to promote awareness of the major democratic principles on which tolerance is based.

Man Dies Four Days After Exposure to Flesh-eating Bacteria

In a story that could come straight from a horror movie, an Arizona man has died four days after developing a flesh-eating bacteria infection. According to DelmarvaNow, Michael Funk began to feel ill on Sept. 11 in his Ocean City, Maryland, condo. He had been cleaning crab pots. After being transported to a local hospital, surgeons removed a portion of infected skin from his leg. He was later sent to a shock trauma hospital in Baltimore where his leg was amputated. "It was very...

Read complete article
© Voice of America -

Follow us on ...
Facebook Twitter