Looking inside ourselves and out at the world
Independent and neutral with regard to all political and religious orientations,® aims to promote awareness of the major democratic principles on which tolerance is based.

Scotland Votes to Remain Part of Britain

Scottish voters have voted in favor of keeping the country's 307-year union with Britain intact in a historic independence referendum Results from 31 out of 32 election councils show that 55 percent of votes were in favor of remaining part of Britain, compared to 45 percent who voted for independence. In Glasgow, Scotland's largest city, 61 percent of voters chose 'Yes' to independence, with 39 percent voting against it. However, voters in the Scottish capital,...

Read complete article
© Voice of America -

Follow us on ...
Facebook Twitter