Looking inside ourselves and out at the world
Independent and neutral with regard to all political and religious orientations,® aims to promote awareness of the major democratic principles on which tolerance is based.

UK Voters Fear Scottish Independence More than Leaving EU

Britons are more worried about the prospect of Scotland gaining independence than of the United Kingdom leaving the European Union, a poll published on Tuesday found. A BMG poll in Scotland's Herald newspaper found that 68 percent of voters cited Scottish secession from the United Kingdom as their least preferred option when compared to Britain leaving the EU, which got 32 percent backing. The survey canvassed 1,512 people across the UK between April 21 and 26. The Scottish...

Read complete article
© Voice of America -

Follow us on ...
Facebook Twitter